Although we know how bad processed foods are, these ‘delicacies’ are still our favorite. Processed products, fast food, GMOs and sugary treats keep harming our bodies, and the worst thing is that we are well aware of it. Health-harming foods alter our pH values to terrifying extent.
Human bodies are meant to be alkaline, but we go against nature and make them acidic. Why would you prefer junk food over health-friendly fruits and veggies? Acidic pH valuesaffect the immune function, and make the body prone to ailments.
If you are health-conscious, you probably do everything in your power to obtain your health at optimal level. We would like to contribute to your effort, and thus provide you with the top 5 alkaline foods. You do not have to be sick to eat healthy foods. Moreover, give your body a hand and help it perform its functions properly.
- Swiss chard
It is one of the mightiest alkaline foods, and it has shown to protect the system from viruses, bacteria and free radicals.
It is a brilliant cleanser, plus it has an amazing pH value estimated to 8.5. Add this superfood to your diet, and always enjoy it fresh. You can use any melon you find. Watermelons are also great. This high-fiber fruit is 92% water.
If you still use wheat, it is probably because you have not tried buckwheat yet. Its nutrients boost energy and keep you full throughout the day. Eat more buckwheat to strengthen your heart and maintain optimal cardiovascular function.
- Olive oil
Yes, you know how olive oil is super powerful and healthy, but repetition is the mother of all knowledge. Olive oil contains more vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids than any other food.
- Flax seed
These seeds are highly alkaline, high-fiber and abundant in vitamin E. Their anti-inflammatory potential also helps in reducing hot flashes in menopausal women.
Other alkaline foods
- Avocados are packed with healthy monounsaturated fats that strengthen heart
- Bananas are amazing superfood
- Berries are high in antioxidants
- Carrots contain beta-carotene, known for its ability to improve vision
- Garlic regulates blood pressure
- Broccoli decreases cholesterol
- Grapes contain multivitamins and antioxidants, and they are great for patients with hypertension
- Pineapple provides healthy weight loss
- Alfalfa sprouts are easy to digest and come packed with enzymes that provide normal hormonal balance
- Lemons are the most amazing alkaline food; The citrusy fruit prevents colds, cough and flu
- Brussels sprouts provide strong anti-cancer potential
- Sauerkraut and other fermented foods are the probiotics you should add to your diet
- Cauliflower is an excellent substitute of bread
- Grapefruit is high in vitamins A and C
- Seaweeds are abundant in iron and decrease acidity
- Quinoa regulates blood sugar
- Cucumber is 90% water, and it gives a healthy and youthful skin complexion
- Parsley detoxifies intestines
- Mango cleanses colon
- Spinach is the ultimate veggie that contains tons of vitamins
- Oranges protect against colds
- Papaya is a natural laxative and it flushes toxins from the colon
Featured image source: www.healthy-holistic-living.com